What I Write About
I am leaning into my strengths, which includes writing articles about mortgage, sales, marketing, productivity, goal-setting & planning, and time management. I want to be a resource and voice for sales and mortgage professionals, especially women and working moms. I want people to engage, and feel connected to me through my writing. My ultimate goal is to build human connections.
I also use my site to merge my professional and personal interests. My Instagram is full of fun videos, cooking and baking, and other things I’m interested in. I would love to post more personal articles here as well.
My name is Rosalind Prieto (some call me Rosie, but I prefer Rosalind).
I am a proud Mom, and happiest when spending time with my husband and our two kids. We love cooking, food adventures and trips to the beach (especially living in Southern California). I enjoy creative projects such as writing, photography, and making short videos on social media. Sometimes, I manage to pick up a book and actually read it.
When I’m not cooking or baking with the kids, I am a sales leader in the mortgage industry passionate about building high-performance teams that drive revenue, and creating a culture of diversity, inclusion and collaboration.
Known for being capable and having great intuition and versatility, I thrive in growth environments requiring flexibility, creativity and strong process-driven and strategic focus. I love a good challenge, and enjoy cross-departmental collaboration and the feeling when things get done and problems are solved.
I’ve been with PennyMac for almost 4 years, where I’ve achieved success in different roles within the wholesale mortgage channel, including building a national sales support team and growing our top accounts. I am a two-time recipient of our Circle of Champions award, recognized for my performance and growth in sales and business development.
I’ve served on the Board of Directors for two non-profit organizations, where I leveraged my background in marketing to lead social media and publicity, as well as contribute to fundraising efforts. I later took a break to focus on my family and career, but hope to return to the non-profit world someday.
I have over 13 years of experience in financial services, working for Fortune 500 companies such as JPMorgan, Wells Fargo and Morgan Stanley. I received my MBA from California Lutheran University with an emphasis in Marketing, and my BA from UC Santa Cruz in Economics with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Originally from San Jose, CA
- I am the oldest sister of three, and consider myself their second Mom (whether they agree or not, lol).
- I am a second-generation daughter of Vietnamese immigrants, and the first in my family to attend and graduate from a university.
- I’ve been a guest speaker on radio and TV.
- I once LOST a Big Mac eating contest by finishing 4 and a half Big Macs in 30 minutes (he won with 5 and a half)
- In 2015, while working full-time and pregnant with my first child, I started a fully-employed MBA program…on campus!
- In 2017, while pregnant with my second child and still working full-time, I completed the MBA program and graduated with an emphasis in Marketing. I also hold a B.A. in Business Management Economics.
- I have served on multiple non-profit boards, leading committees for fundraising events, publicity and social media.
- I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a former concert and marching band geek 🙂