The rarest commodity is leadership without ego.
- Management is NOT leadership.
- Management is control on time, money and quality. People come into play when you’re talking about leadership.
- Leadership does not involve pushing people (telling them what to do).
- Leaders pull people. They demonstrate, they lead by example. They “pull” people in a positive, upward direction.
- Leaders do not take power when given to them. When you take power, it is taken away from you. When you are given power, you give it to others. (I interpret this as empowering others and developing the talent on your team)